It was an exciting Tuesday around here…okay not really but it was a good day. It started out early with a run outside!
Just four miles but it was nice to be out even if I did feel cold for the rest of the day. Good news was I actually started to see the sunrise just as I was getting home.
After my run I headed to the optometrist. I have been a little worried about my eyes lately as they have been much more bloodshot than normal. I thought maybe I just needed more sleep or eye drops but they weren’t getting better. I was due for an appointment anyway so I went in to get checked out.
I was so relieved to hear that nothing had changed with my vision and that my eyes looked very healthy. No need for glasses (yet). I asked the doctor about the coloration in my eyes. He put some dye on them and gave me the diagnosis….very dry eyes. It was nice to hear it was nothing wrong with my health and the dryness is common here in Colorado and can be made worse from hormonal changes. So drops three times a day for me until they are better than maybe once a day.
After my appointment we ran some errands including a much needed carwash.
Cannon loved it so much, he kept yelling CAR WASH at me the rest of the day. Emerald didn’t cry and wasn’t upset by the experience so I call that a major win!
One of the kids current favorite things to do is get each other up from naps. Emerald loves hanging out in Cannon’s crib when he wakes up from his nap, he gives her hugs and it’s just the sweetest!
With winter in full force and little daylight I have been running on the treadmill more often these days.
I am not as prolific a treadmill runner as some but I have put in my fair share of time on the treadmill. I think my longest treadmill run was 18 miles, and I actually didn’t mind it. I used to run on the treadmill much more and didn’t mind it much but lately it has been a bit of a struggle. So I thought about all the ways that I can make treadmill my best friend again.
- Just get on with it. Just a little tough love….but the more I run on the treadmill the less I dread it.
- Get your favorite drink – one of the bonuses is being able to have all your favorite drinks and snacks with you without having to carry them.
- Binge watch – Everyone loves a binge watch, right? I try to find a good show on Netflix or Amazon, then I only let myself watch it while on the treadmill. That way I can’t wait to get running to watch another episode. Right now I am watching Girlfriends Guide to Divorce.
- Change up your pace and incline – this one really helps me not to get stiff and bored. Changing up the pace and playing little speed games makes the miles fly by. Even if you are doing an easy run just changing the pace a little up and down keeps your legs fresh. Also changing the incline up and down (if your treadmill has a decline) just like running outside keeps my joints happy.
- Do workouts – treadmills are GREAT for workouts! it’s nice to be able to dial in the pace and know exactly how far you have gone. No staring at your watch to make sure you are hitting your paces, just set the speed and hold on tight!
What are your best tips for loving the treadmill? Please share!
These are great treadmill tips, Beth! I’ve been spending a lot of time running on mine and always have my favorite Skratch hydration and chews nearby. And watch-on-the-treadmill-only shows! Currently alternating between Brothers & Sisters and the Great Britsh Bake-off. I also wear my favorite trucker hat to remind me of summer runs 🙂 Happy running!