I can’t believe it’s April already, but I am excited to see spring popping its pretty little head up here and there with promises of longer days and better weather.
I started this post at the begining of March as a recap of how February’s goals went and document March’s goals. I think one of them was going to be to post more (HA!) so that was a miss but I did set a goal of running 175 miles in March and actually ran 201 miles so one miss and one win.
I will go ahead and recap how February now and just skip March.
1. To run 120 miles. This may not seem like much, especially since I am in the thick of marathon training but I am determined to build up slowly so I don’t get injured. I set a goal of running 100 miles in January and just made it with 102 miles. – check! I actually ran 156 miles, so I call that a total win =)
2. Run everyday in February. I don’t think that a “run streak” is necessary but for me I like the idea of not thinking about when to run and just setting up really good habits of running everyday. It doesn’t have to be long, just 20 minutes to count in my book. This is a fun goal but one I will give up on if I feel that I am going to get injured. – again check! Some days it wasn’t even 2 miles but I ran, every day.
3. Strength train at least twice a week – Miss…..I don’t know WHY this is so hard for me, I had two weeks where I only got one session in. I guess I will have to keep trying.
4. Try to post on the blog at least twice a week, three would be better but I want to be realistic. I really want to remember this time in my life and documenting it here means a lot to me. I would like to include marathon training updates for my first big race back after baby. – I got 9 posts done in February, so I hit my 2 posts a week goal, but not the stretch goal of three times a week.
5. Continue to prioritize and put family first. January was pretty crazy with some life changes (more on that later) but I was happy that I was still able to be present and prioritize time with my family. This one is a bit intangible but I think I will know if I have been successful. – This one is hard to say, it’s getting harder as work is getting more involved, training is ramping up and other obligations pop up. On a day to day, Cannon is my priority but I would still like to have more time with family and friends.
For April I have 2 main goals:
- Taper well and finish my marathon with a smile on my face. I truly don’t have a time goals for this race. The terrain is so unknown to me and reported to be very difficult so I just want to finish my first real post baby race.
- recover from my marathon and get serious about ultra training. I have big goals for the summer and it’s time to start getting after them!
- Go to at least one baby group a week. It’s important to me that Cannon and I get out of the house and he gets time to interact with other kids. We did our first Library story time this morning and it was a lot of fun. I have been finding more and more groups/classes to join so I am happy about that.
- Post on the blog more…trying for this one again. This is a stretch goal but I really want to remember this time in my life and documenting it here helps with that.
- Lastly I would like to lose at least 6 pounds in April. I don’t want to focus too much on weight but running long distances will be a lot easier if I have less weight to carry over 50+ miles. I have been able to lose all the “baby weight” and a little more but I have a little ways to go to get to my ideal race weight.
So that’s it, wish me luck for April!