Today kicks off Cannon’s birthday week! Yes, week…..we like to celebrate big because it’s fun. Totally unnecessary, but fun.
This year we are scaling back a lot because instead of a big party and lots of gifts we are doing a big trip instead. Cannon is really into Super Mario and Universal Studios just opened a Mario themed land so we are gifting him an experience instead. He is even asking his grandparents for interactive souvenirs for the trip. We are a big fan of experiences over things but also know that sometimes you need (or want) things to enjoy said experiences.
Here is a list of things Cannon either wants or would want if he didn’t already have them:
- Hiking Shoes – We have had many sizes of Merrell hiking shoes and we love them, they are great for around town and technical hikes. They have lasted being handed down multiple times.
- Storage Clipboard – My kids love to draw so these are great for keeping paper and pens handy on trips and on the go.
- Packable Rain Jacket – These rain jackets have come in handy on all of our trips lately as well as hikes when a rain storm can come out of nowhere. These pack down very small into their own stuff bags and come in lots of colors.
- Down Jacket – Even on our trip to Switzerland in August it was cold enough to need a jacket. We love these down jackets because they are light, pack down small and have a hood for when you don’t have a hat.
- Kid Safe Headphones – We have had these for years, I like that they have a cord or they can use bluetooth.
- Kids Backpack – We love to use these on hikes and on airplanes. THIS ONE is great for toddlers too.
- Digital Camera – So fun to take photos while traveling, still works after being dropped many times.
- Fire HD 8 Kids Edition Tablet – Key for travel also these things are tough, they have been dropped so many times.
- Head Lamp – This is so fun for camping!
Some specific things we are getting Cannon for our trip:
Cannon really wants a Power Up band for Super Mario Land and an interactive wand for Harry Potter World so his grandparents gifted him money to buy those in the parks. We are also going to upgrade his Fire Tablet that is five years old now.
Do you gift experiences over things? Cory and I love to do this and now our kids are into it too!