Happy Friday everyone! Why do short holiday weeks always end up feeling so long?!?
We are all settling back into our normal routine but the weekend feels very welcome. I am so looking forward to getting in some more miles outside, hopefully in the daylight.
I really love how much the kids have been playing together lately. It’s just so sweet!
I know that fairly soon they will start to fight over toys especially since Emmy is getting around now.
So I am soaking up this time while I can.
This week it finally turned cold here in Colorado so I thought I would share some of my favorite cold running gear.
- Hoka One One Speed Goat Trail Shoes – I love these shoes and when it’s snowy out I rarely slip. It’s a nice break from running on the treadmill and I don’t like micro spikes.
- Brushed Speed Up Tights – These tights are lined without being too thick and keep my legs warm. I have had them for years and they have stretched through two pregnancies.
- Ginger Runner Wrap – I wear this instead of a hat. I often like to wear a hat with a bill so I can just throw this over my hat to cover my ears. It’s great when the day warms up I can just put it on my wrist and keep going. Any Buff style wrap will do but I really like the designs of these ones.
- Smart Wool Socks – They have lots of different thicknesses, my feet stay nice and toasty with no blisters.
- Salomon Jacket – I have had this jacket for years and it has held up so well to many miles and washes. This jacket is actually marketed for nordic skiing but it was worked well for me for running. If it’s really cold I throw a down vest over it and I am good to go down to about 5 degrees F (I have a cheap one from Costco that works great).
What are some of your favorite winter running items?