It’s almost spring break season and I know a lot of people are considering road trips. We LOVE road trips!
Some of our most favorite trips have been by car even when the kids were tiny.
Some of our tips for road tripping with kids:
- 1. Start them young! We took long road trips with both kids starting when they were about three months old. They are pretty used to long car trips now.
- 2. Stop for breaks at playgrounds. We love finding new playgrounds on trips and have the best time playing and getting our energy out. Sometimes we eat at our stops but usually we have the kids play as much as possible then have them eat when we get back on the road.
- 3. We bring little lunch boxes for kids to eat out of that helps them not spill and eat while driving. Also we have the kids keep water bottles at their seats.
- 4. Drive while they sleep! We try to get lots of miles in while the kids sleep so they feel like we aren’t in the car as long.
- 5. Screen time! We do give the kids and other things to do in the car but we also don’t shy away from screen time. Both of our cars have DVD players so we rent shows and movies from our library so they have new things to watch. We also bring the kids’ Fire Tablets so they can play games for something different.
- 6. When we aren’t traveling with our RV we bring a little travel potty. Our kids sometimes wait until the last minute to tell us they need to go and there isn’t always a bathroom near. We also pack lots of garbage bags and wipes so we aren’t stuck in a bad situation.
Some of our favorite road trips include:
- New Mexico
- Utah National Parks
- All over Colorado!
What are your favorite places to road trip?
Leave a Reply