Week three goals and week two recap:
- Get back on track by following my training plan all week
- Really, actually do plank…..really.
- Track my calories all week to get a baseline try to stay between 1600 and 1800 calories
- Don’t stress at work too much, it’s going to be a draining week but it will pass.
- Enjoy NYC and try not to lose too much sleep. Check =)
- Plank every night (this one hasn’t been going so well so far) Not even once, with the flu it just wasn’t happening
- Be present while in all day meetings Yup, I really learned a lot
- Pace myself well on Saturday’s race so that I put up a good time (for me) and also not have an asthma attack. Didn’t race =( but Cory took third in his age group, way to go baby!
To work on my new years resolution to learn to cook healthy meals I wanted to share a Salmon cake recipe that Cory came up with. They are seriously good, especially with a big spinach salad.
These are simple, healthy and quick salmon cakes.
Prep Time: 20
Cook Time: 10
Ready In: 30
Yields: 4 servings
2 6-oz cans salmon, drained well
2 stalks celery (75g), chopped
1/2 small onion (75g), chopped
5g fresh minced garlic
10 drops Worcestershire sauce
2 tbl cold milled flax seed
1/4 tsp salt 1 tsp dried thyme
50g panko bread crumbs
extra virgin olive oil, divided
DIRECTIONS: In medium sized bowl combine all ingredients up to and including the salt. Mix panko bread crumbs, thyme and pepper in small bowl. Divide the wet mixture into 8 balls and coat with bread crumbs and set aside. Heat oil in non-stick skillet and cook until done, flipping halfway through.