Today’s workout: 40 minuets easy swim (I lost count of my laps, shrug) and an easy tempo run with my dogs tonight
Easy week has been nice, but I am afraid I am getting lazy. Oh well Come Thursday it will be time to kick back into focused training mode. Five days off work should give me some extra motivation to get moving. Tomorrow I am going to try to make a pumpkin pie completely from scratch (I am a little nervous so I bought a can of pumpkin just in case). The pumpkin has been baked and scraped and everything seems fine so far. Hope it turns out! I plan to take pictures to document the process and post everything. It’s not about triathlon or running but can it count as carbo-loading?
I have started thinking about the things I am really grateful for, there is a long list so I want to start today but I know I won’t be able to list them all:
• My husband- he is supportive and understanding and always there for me. He puts up with my crazy plans and generally goes along with them. He takes great care of me and always lets me know how much he loves me. Thanks baby, I love you and appreciate you and don’t let you know as much as I should. (He is also the cook in our family and without him I would starve)
• My parents- my parents are very loving and supportive, they are always there to help out and I genuinely like hanging out with them. I am so grateful that they have chosen to move to Colorado to be near my brother and I, they have lived in Oregon their entire lives so moving here is a big deal. It means more to me then they will ever know.
• My dogs- It may seem silly to some people but I love my dogs to pieces, they are my babies. They are so sweet and loving and cuddly, I can’t imagine living without a dog.
• My health- I may complain that I am a slow runner, slow cyclist and slow swimmer but I am thankful that I can run, bike and swim. There may be a time when I can’t so I am trying to enjoy the time I have.
• My Job- It may not always be easy but I am so thankful that I get to work at a place that shares my values and passions (animals and the environment). It doesn’t hurt that my team is made up of amazing people.
Lots of great reasons to be thankful! Hope you have a great holiday! 🙂
All great reasons to be thankful :). Love the pictures…of course I love those mountains!!! Enjoy the freedom for a few days before your training picks up – and have a VERY happy Thanksgiving!!!