I just can’t believe that it’s already August! We have a lot to look forward to this August. Cory has a big birthday this month, we have my dad’s birthday and Cannon’s very first day of school (tears).
I had some lofty goals for myself for July but with the demands of my new job, illness and injury I fell short. I do believe these goals are attainable for me with a little more focus so it’s time to stand back up and try again!
So here’s to failing my way to success, thanks Des for the wisdom.
This month I am going to try again to run 200 miles total and to do following everyday:
- Run (at least one mile) + (going for another 50 day run streak)
- Drink 100oz of water – Really want to focus on hydration during the summer
- Write – I want to blog every day to really build on the habit and share the day to day balance of motherhood, work and ultra marathon training.
- 10 minutes of core work – because two kids in less than two years.
- Full body strength train twice a week
We finished out July with our usual fun. Cannon told me in the car that it was too hot to go to a park so we went to the gym and played inside.
We enjoyed lunch at home, please note that Emmy is wearing an old cloth napkin as a bib. She tares everything else off but a cloth napkin tied at her neck she will leave on, go figure.
After Emmy’s afternoon nap Cannon asked for popsicles in the backyard, they are so cute, I couldn’t say no!
Poor babies got a bunch of bug bites while playing outside, there are a ton of mosquitos here this year and they think these kids are delicious. I might have to start putting bug spray on them.
We made Hawaiian chicken with rice and grilled veggies for dinner and enjoyed it outside, checking off an item from our summer bucket list, we only have 2.5 weeks until school starts!
Anyone have bug spray that works and they like for their children?
Leave a Reply